Saturday, February 11, 2012

Steve's Valentine

Steve's Valentine

I came across the tandem bicycle and card cutout in the Silhouette store and knew I had to make this for my DH, Steve, for Valentines.  When we were in China we rode a tandem bike around the wall of the inner city in Xian.  We had not ridden a bike in years and we had many laughs and it has provided some good memories for us.



  I was impressed with how the Cameo cut the intricate bicycle spokes.  I added a couple of hearts to put in the basket and edged them with white ink.

 I used wall vinyl for the words.  This is a technique I had read about but never tried.  It works  well and the letters come out so neat and clean.  I will be using this idea again!

The red is embossed card-stock, and the paper that the bicycle is mounted on is from the Yours Truly collection from Echo Park.  The ribbon was purchased at Michaels.

Here is what you see when you open the card :




I love how it pops out when it opens.
I hope Steve enjoys the card as much as I enjoyed making it for him!

DeAnna

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOVE THIS Card! Wish we lived closer so you could be my instructor!

    http://yogimemories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete